Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Baby Quilts

At an organisation like ours that employs many younger people, there are always babies due, and in 2018 I made quilts for two sets of expecting parents.

Baby Quilt #1
I had a FQ pack of Hoffman Me & You
I used this Criss Cross Applesauce Tutorial



Auditioning the faux piping

Quilted with generous swirls and loops on my Sweet Sixteen


Doesn't that binding just look too cute?



Baby Quilt #2:

More Me & Yous...

Creating a streamer pattern...
...but quite a few corners to match...
The pieced inner without border...
... and here a dreadful photo with borders attached and quilted. I can't find a photo of the completed item, maybe on my work phone (which will remain turned off until I go back to work lol). No piped binding this time though.
Sadly I haven't kept notes of measurements etc. but both a backed with a spotty grey minky from Spotlight, cotton batting (roll from Spotlight). #2 is quilted with a ruler, curved lines from corner to corner on each streamer. I will post more photos if I find them.

Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!