Pages

Thursday 3 January 2019

Always has my back



While I mentioned this quilt in my post from last Easter, I have a few more shots of the making of it. Tanya was my teacher aide when I was teaching in my last classroom in 2016, and she literally always had my back. I have been really interested in plus blocks in 2017 and 2018, and I used some of the left over squares from my Tokyo Subway Map Quilt to make purple and green pluses; while the colour combination sounded a bit unusual for me, I really like how it all came together in the end.

Plus blocks, still fairly random layout though alternating purples and greens

Plus and X block, more interesting

Different background options - from memory I didn't have enough grey but didn't want to buy any more?
Completed top - I added tiny cornerstones within the skinny sashing

First top quilted on my new to me Sweet Sixteen


Close up - I love the faux piped binding, and the fact you don't have to hand-stitch down the binding is a bonus!


On my washing line, blowing in the breeze :)


A Spotlight wide backing on the back; I didn't have enough but luckily one of my Brisbane MQG buddies posted me some more :)








Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!