After a lovely weekend – the dreaded tummy bug is back. Middle DS vomited during the night, but at 9y old (!) just cleaned it up and made himself a bed on his sofa without telling us! His oldest brother is also not flash today, so I had to postpone my arrival at school camp to tomorrow.
Our postie had my stitchworks parcel ready when we left for school for the youngest, and this morning I have been cutting and washing, and pegging out and cursing the rain (and baking bikkies and bread). I also finished this little project, my first attempt at the feathers, by turning it into a place mat:
I had to add a strip to the left – just right to try out the QUAYG instructions from Quilting Edge
The backing fabric is NZ landscape but not my favourite colour way – my garden looks different!
|Detail of the feather on the side – the binding chopped some plumes off unfortunately. The stippling is larger in scale than the one in yesterday’s post, worked much better.|
Weather improved after lunch time which means the washing - incl. my fabrics - dried again nicely, and I couldn’t resist skipping more practice for working on the real thing, and I am quite proud of the result:
Stitch in the ditch around the squares – next time I will cross my lines over! – plus feathers in the white parts. Not sure if I will stipple yet or not.
Again I went with Leah Day’s matching threads on top and bottom, quite obvious on the back, but at least the details are visible on the pics!
I’ll keep on feathering…