Pages

Thursday 5 April 2012

SCREENPRINTING in the holidays

School is out hoorraayyy!!!!
First thing I did today after I got home was order some dyes and more screenprinting supplies lol I think my hubby has the hope that we'll tidy up the garden and the house in the holidays (he is off as well), but I'll have to get some time to play, too!

Unlike at home, at school I have a nice big space available aka the Art Room where any mess can easily be cleaned up (poor Charlie, our cleaner, is looking forward to me teaching ICT next term which means he won't have to scrub that floor every day!). However, if you are interested and in the area, on
FRIDAY, 13th April, from 10am
you are welcome to join into some messy, arty fun (not sure about the order of these two adjectives!!!) at Kaikohe Intermediate School, 11 Park Rd, Kaikohe. Bring white, pre-washed fabric (preferably cotton), or pillow slips or T-shirts or canvas or tea towels etc., an apron, gloves if you wish to wear them, and your morning tea / lunch. I will provide paper / card for stencils, screens and squeeges, screen printing paints as well as hot drinks. I have made some workbooks for my students this term which can take you through the process, or you just get right into it. Please make a donation towards the screen printing paints.
Plese let me know no later than Wed 11 April if you want to join in (so I can get some more paints if we need them).

I better go sew now, need to make use of every minute off work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!