Pages

Sunday 19 January 2020

Sparkler quilt

As mentioned in a previous blog post, the Sparkler pattern came as a freebie from Freshly Pieced after I purchased the 2017 Summer Sampler pattern. Just recently I had looked over my 2.5” strips in my scrap box, there’s a large number of blue and aquas in there - tada!
I looked over the instructions, they suggest 2.5” strips for the lap quilt version, resulting in 12 1/2” blocks - a 4x5 block layout will give me a nice little rectangular  baby quilt, just the size I like.



I slightly simplified the block construction, only cutting 6 1/2” and 4 1/2” rectangles. I use my Hera marker to help with the diagonal and them trim back to 1/4” from the seam.



It takes me less than 30 minutes to construct a block, and overall there is very little seam matching required. So far I’m up to 3 (of 20) blocks; there are enough strips for a few of these in my scrap bin 😉



Happy Sewing!!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a good pattern match for those skinny strips, and easy enough to put together when you just want some easy sewing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!