Rainbow - Arco Iris
|A selection from my stash...|
|... rows of HSTs...|
|... pieced into rows...|
|... and completed!|
|Some detail of the ruler quilting...|
|... and more...|
|... and improv straights lines in the background...|
|For the back I used the last of this Spotlight wide backing|
Pohutukawa - Kiwi Christmas
This has come back from Brisbane months ago but I finally hung it up today: I will watch for a while if the wonkiness comes out in our high humidity climate, otherwise I will block it again:
My ScrappyAppliqueQuiltAlong top is finally finished and
With all the kerfuffle with my machine, my current block, by my count bonus block 10, is almost finished:
|Bonus block 9|
Me & You Challenge
I have sadly still gotten nowhere with my piece for this MQG challenge which is a real shame, I was lucky enough to get some of the material from them. Unless a miracle happens and I get a suitable piece completed by then, what do I need to do with the material, do I return it? I feel rather bad, someone else might have missed out and could have made something amazing???
So where does this leave me in regards to my previous goals?
- Bind, label & add hanging sleeve on Aotearoa: DONE
- Quilt VQR on S16: Still working on it
- Continue quilting Metro Rings on S16: No further progress yet, but now that the baby quilt is out the way, this will be good to alternate with VQR
- Prepare the next set of Rainbow at Sea blocks: Papers are all prepared, but I still have to prepare the next fabrics
- Continue on #Patchworkcity2018 blocks: Just half a sub-block to piece to finish block 28 of 30, then two more to go.
New goals until the end of the year
- Quilt, label, bind VQR
- Finish all quilting of Metro Rings
- Piece one more set of Rainbow at Sea blocks (which will take me to half-way)
- Finish remaining Patchworkcity2018 blocks
Guess who has been visiting my place of work in general and our Raranga Matihiko classroom in specific?