Plans for the next six weeks or so:
- Finish #zenstudioqal in time for baby shower (date tbc)
- Continue piecing #patchworkcity2018 when blocks are posted
- Continue piecing Rainbow at Sea
- Finish #scrappyappliquequiltalong
- try to not fall into too many other rabbit holes!
|I've posted this one before...|
|... and that one...|
|Using the shapes created by the blocks as inspiration (thanks, Suzanne 😘)|
|Straight-line quilting (ruler) in the 'negative' space|
|Using the 60deg angle as inspiration for the quilting in the border:|
Again I'm using my rulers but keeping it varied to stay true to the nature of the fabric line.
|Seems overexposed (can you even do that with digital photography?!) but shows up the quilting nicely|
|Finished: Texture in the winter afternoon sun...|
|... borders and faux-piping binding...|
|... and from the back :)|
|The cream lines between the blocks have since been replaced with black sashing.|
I also pulled my 4) #scrappyappliquequiltalong back out, added more swirls to the background quilting. It's been several weeks so I forgot what tension I had set for the invisible thread in the top. I ended up with a few small spots of funny tension that I ripped out but overall the aqua batik is quite forgiving to the invisible thread - grey bobbin combo.
On the 5) don't fall into another IG rabbit hole: I have been tempted more than once, but so far work has been keeping me far too busy to seriously contemplate getting into anything else!
So here are my next 6 week goals:
- Finish #scrappyappliquequiltalong (quilt, bind, hanging sleeve)
- Piece more #patchworkcity2018 bonus blocks
- Continue piecing Rainbow at Sea quilt
- Continue quilting Metro Rings quilt
That gives me two goals for piecing and two for quilting, one of them 'finishable' and all the others likely to remain WIP for some time to come. I better don't go looking for rabbit holes on IG...