Pages

Sunday 29 July 2012

More rain...

this weekend brrrr I played with our new food dehydrator and dried some of the leftover apples from this autumn, some kiwifruit and a banana and homemade Zwieback - this is a kind of sweat yeast bread which gets sliced and dried again. It turned out pretty good, so next year's harvest might see less waste.
Since last weekend I have been playing around with feathers some more, I just can't get over how gorgeous Rhiannon's over at The Nifty Stitcher look - please go and have a look (sorry, insrting a link on the iPad is beyond my capabilities lol). Following her example I have been working on Karen Mctavish's Victorian feathers - see below. I am slowly getting there :-) I have also played around with different background fillers, I find getting echo lines evenly still quite hard so on my little practice piece (first pic) I went back to the trusted old stippling :-)
Have a good week all!
PS I almost forgot, this week I received my Sew It's Finished price, a charm pack of Sew Stitchy, really gorgeous (sorry, no photo taken yet, but just google it there are heaps of pics out there). I'll use it for the Sew It's Finished BOM :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!