Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Long overdue catch up

Real life has taken up most waking hours lately, but for my sanity I have kept on working on some of my WIPs. Sorry for the iPhone post which dumps all pics at the bottom, just hoping I might get to my machine soon (and a laptop post requires shifting photos fr phone to laptop and picasa - one day...).
My 'Frei' quilt has arrived in AUS, I don't know if it has been accepted to be exhibited and I don't know when they'll let us know. I have booked my flight to Melbourne and am looking forward to getting to the AQV! Obviously I haven't booked into any workshops, I'll just go for the exhibitions, merchants and the whole atmosphere :-)

So what have I been working on?

Tokyo Subway Quilt:
I finally pieced my two February blocks, have laid out three for March with one pieced so far (only a little behind :D).

Sew it's Finished BoM from 2012:
I now have 9 blocks completed, with a bit of luck I get the remaining three done over Easter. As I go QAYG, I'll then have to decide on sashing width (2" like the squares or maybe 3"??). Judi, the green quilt fairy, had a fun tutorial on diamonds, so I I thought that might get applied here (the squares will get postage stamp treatment). One finished it will travel with us to Germany this winter as a present - hence linking up to Wendy for the BLS for March.

Yesterday Suz, Ms Lottie and I had a playdate at Ms. Lottie's place. We made a glorious creative mess, but more about this another time. IT WAS LOTS OF FUN!!!

I'm getting a bit over appliqué and piecing umpteen squares so I'll soon pull out some other WIPs and BLS projects... Did I mention the flannels I bought at The Apple Basket last month or the fabric plus jelly roll from Grandmother's Garden earlier this month (waiting for Elizabeth Hartman to publish her sewing circle tote pattern...) - now doubt there are choices :-)

What are you doing to stay sane?

Happy Sewing!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!