Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Hey-ho, hey-ho, it's off to work we go...

Well, in my case this has actually meant working from home for most of the last 2 1/2 weeks! The boys are still at home, the youngest starting tomorrow (TG!), middle DS next Tuesday, and oldest DS is supposed to learn from home this year with his application getting completed today - fingers crossed he will get some work sent soon :)

The boys have been scrapping heaps, it's really about time for them to go back to school! I am looking forward to getting back into my schools, too, I have been to a meeting and held a workshop but I'm not one for doing the 'sitting-around-getting-paperwork-ready' for too long...

My nerdy playing-with-computers persona needs to be balanced with some more creative endeavours, so here are some pics of what I have been up to lately:
Tokyo Subway Map Quilt in a few pieces...

... and as completed 'flimsy' (at 100"square, flimsy doesn't quite seem to fit?)

Completed baby quilt

- with fleece backing from the always so generous and helpful Suz! -

 - because the ordered backing, the minky with the peace symbols, arrived on the day of the baby shower...
My latest project had my scratch my head lots, trying to piece my QAYG hands into a 49"square wall hanging...
Trying to achieve a balanced random look is not that easy...

Lots of trial and error for the connecting strips; the irregular sizes of the blocks meant lots of calculating!
I bought a new pattern, too - wouldn't that be great for a retreat??
Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see your Tokyo quilt all together. My kids need to go back to school too....actually I need them to go back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your Tokyo Subway quilt - you're right, flimsy does not fit this one at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I love to know you were here!